Students are governed by this code of conduct from the time they join the Institute till they finally leave at the end of the course.
All the students will strictly adhere to this code of conduct faithfully and thus maintain a very high standard of behaviour and conduct in the Institute during the course of study.
Formation of students’ Union / student bodies during an ongoing academic session is no permitted. Class Representatives and Group Leaders will be elected.
Students will be neatly, cleanly and decently dressed and groomed and should take pride in their personal appearance;
They will be polite and courteous in their relationship with other students and the teaching and non – teaching staff of the Institute inside the class room and within the institute premises.
Morning Assembly will be conducted every Monday on a working day. All students should attend the Assembly. They will be polite and courteous in their relationship with other students and the teaching and non – teaching staff of the Institute.
Teaching in the classroom and all other official business will be conducted in English. Notices, Circulars, Announcements, Special addresses, etc for both academic and non–academic purposes will be done in English. The same will be used as a medium for accomplishing all theoretical and practical requirements of the M.Ed. Course.
No leave of any kind is officially permissible during the entire M.Ed. Course. Under the unavoidable circumstances of sickness, bereavement in the immediate family or other such urgent business, due information and application may be given to the Principal who may take such action as deemed necessary. However, such leave applications will only be for file record.
75% of attendance in theoretical and practical classes is the minimum requirement as eligibility for sitting in the final examination. Participation in all co–curricular and other extension activities will be accounted for in the attendance register separately maintained.
- Students will be neatly, cleanly and decently dressed and groomed and should take pride in their personal appearance.
- All students will be obliged to wear formal attire on every Monday of a working day.
- All female students (Mizo) will wear traditional attire on every Thursday of a working day. Female students belonging to other communities will wear their traditional dress. Wearing of traditional dress will not apply to students belonging to consecrated order. Male students will also be obliged to put on some traditional Mizo attire – shirt, tie, coat, waistcoat, etc. on the same day.
- College Batches will be worn by students on Monday and Thursday of all working days.
Destroying/ Defacing Institute property:
- Defacing / writing on walls, desks, chairs and other items of Institute furniture and equipments or destroying them will carry a fine in cash from the guilty students equivalent to the loss of property.
Cleanliness of the Institute Campus:
- Maintaining absolute cleanliness is the responsibility of all students. Classrooms and surrounding areas will be kept neat and clean.
Prohibition of obnoxious habits:
- Smoking, drinking alcohol, use of drugs, gambling, keeping offensive items like obscene pictures, magazines, discs, etc. in the Institute Premises are strictly prohibited and punishable by expulsion.
Using unfair means in Tests and Examinations:
- Cheating and using unfair means in Tests and Examinations will result in expulsion. Mobile Phones and other electronic gadgets are to be submitted to Exam Invigilators.
Complaints and Grievances:
- All complaints and grievances will be addressed and directed, through appropriate channels, to the concerned Cell or Committee which will handle the case according to its discretion. For such purposes, a “Complaint Committee” for cases of sexual harassment and a “Grievances Redressal Cell” for redressal of general complaints and grievances have been constituted in the Institute.
Use of Mobile Phones during Class – hours:
- Use of mobile phones for making calls or receiving and sending messages during class is strictly prohibited. All hand sets should be kept in the ‘Switched Off’ mode when classes are underway.
- Each student will keep with him/her an Identity Card prepared and dispensed by the Institute which may be produced at any time of requirement.
- Access and entry into rooms other than rooms where classes are being conducted cannot be done without seeking prior permission and approval.